Our internships provide valuable hands on experience for undergraduate students. We have listed our current internship opportunities below which include instructions for applying.
Social Media & Communications Spring 2020 Internship
At GRACE, our mission is simple: to end homelessness. We work toward that goal by providing safe shelter, effective services, and permanent housing solutions for people without any of the typical barriers that keep people from getting help. Our staff, volunteers, and donors work together to make GRACE the best-choice shelter and service center for our guests, volunteers, and donors, and to earn widespread community support. Come join our team as an intern.
GRACE Marketplace is seeking a dynamic, self-starter to assist with social media and communication efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience a variety of hands on learning while contributing to the delivery of our mission.
Principal Job Duties
- Assist in planning, writing and managing our quarterly newsletter
- Plan, interview, write and publish Monthly Donor Spotlight
- Draft news releases, media alerts and other stories as requested
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing materials needed to deliver mission
- Meet weekly with Director of Development to coordinate the agency social media calendar to ensure proper coverage of fundraising programs, campaigns, issue awareness and events
- Research articles related to the battered women’s movement to be published to social media
- Track and report social media stats
- Update www.gracemarketplace.org as requested
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions and venues for marketing and communications
- Assist Director of Development with donor cultivation and stewardship efforts including but not limited to sending handwritten thank you notes, writing thank you letters, planning of donor tours and donor thank you calls
Qualifications & Requirements
- Self-motivated, good organization skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meeting deadlines.
- Completed or working toward a bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Creative Writing, Social Media Management
- Must be seeking course credit
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Canva, MailChimp, HootSuite, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is highly desired
Instructions for applying
Interested students should email their resume and cover letter to John Thomas, Director of Development. Please send all resumes and attachments to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this opening please email John Thomas. This internship will remain open until midnight on Friday, November 8, 2019.