Safety, Impact, and Respect
GRACE Marketplace is a the only low barrier, one-stop homeless shelter in North Central Florida Each member of our team is dedicated to one mission - ending homelessness. Our core values of safety, impact, and respect drive our approach to serve our guests each day.
If you're ready to end homelessness in Alachua County - we invite you to join our intern team today!
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Reports to: Director of Advancement, Advancement Coordinator
Reporting to this position: N/A
Positions Available: 2
Status: Part-time, $500 stipend per semester, 10-15 hours per week
Length of internship: Approximately January 10th, 2022 through April 22nd, 2022
Candidates have the opportunity to stay on past the semester end depending on performance.
The Development Intern will work in the fundraising office of the Advancement Department to provide direct support for GRACE’s fundraising goals.
The chosen candidate will also have the opportunity to tailor their responsibilities to their interests and to help their professional development as it relates to non-profit fundraising.
- Assist Advancement Coordinator with managing donor stewardship program by:
- Conducting research on new and potential donors and partner organizations.
- Conducting research on potential partnerships through gift matching, auction item donation, and other opportunities for fundraising.
- Assisting with assembly and mailing donor acknowledgment letters, new donor packets, and other stewardship mail pieces as needed.
- Helping with receiving and distributing in-kind donations as needed.
- Providing support to the Advancement Team with other minor tasks as needed.The chosen candidate will also have the opportunity to tailor their responsibilities to their interests and to help their professional development as it relates to non-profit fundraising.
- Current student enrolled in at least one course
- Pursuing a degree (major or minor) in a related field to non-profit management, social services, or other relevant subjects.
- Proficient in Google Suites.
- Familiar with Canva and Slack (preferred).
- An understanding (or desire to understand) Trauma-Informed Care practices when dealing with individuals in crisis.
- An understanding (or desire to understand) the Housing-First philosophy of GRACE and the GRACE Way.
The ideal candidate has:
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- An interest in working in fundraising or for non-profits in general.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to Amy Abuqawod, Advancement Coordinator at [email protected] by 10/13. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis for the following semester.