Daily Operations Advocates are responsible for creating and supporting a welcoming and responsive environment that is worthy of the highest esteem of our guests. Grace is committed to having an inclusive, accepting space where guests can work effectively with staff to focus on positively exiting homelessness.
The three most important responsibilities Operations Advocates have are:
- Connect guests with services and information and work intensely with guests to help them understand campus expectations and develop strategies to help them meet those expectations and ensure positive communication between guests and all staff.
- Ensure the daily needs of our guests are met by responding to requests for clothing, hygiene supplies, bedding, and other basic needs.
- Ensure the campus is a clean, welcoming environment by performing basic housekeeping duties, ranging from campus cleanup (trash removal, cleaning common areas including bathrooms and showers) to ensuring shelter guests have bedding and linen for their assigned spaces, and that bed areas are cleaned immediately after shelter exits.
- Knowledge of affordable housing and social service resources in Alachua and surrounding counties
- Experience with crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and conflict de-escalation, or begin training within 30 days of employment
- Willingness to receive ongoing training in motivational interviewing, low-barrier shelter, housing-focused shelter, progressive engagement, trauma-informed care, and other best practices
- High school diploma and experience in human services or customer service fields
- Working knowledge of the Housing First philosophy, and ability to articulate associated programs and best practices to staff, volunteers, and Board members
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate fellow employees and guests
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Light physical demands (lots of listening, some talking, and more listening. Working on the computer and phone. Driving to appointments and events. Lifting light equipment/materials, and occasionally working long days, nights, or weekends).
Culture and Benefits
GRACE is an exciting, fast-paced organization filled with some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. All of our programs - day services, permanent housing, emergency shelter, volunteers, and more - are organized around three core values: Safety, Impact, and Respect. We’re on a mission to end homelessness, and we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to improve what we do. GRACE offers opportunities to make your work schedule fit your life.
Salary & Benefits
$15/hour plus $4/hour hazard pay until March 2022
Full Time, Overtime Eligible
Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance
Instructions for applying
Qualified and interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jane Kupfer, Operations Manager at [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled.