The Housing Team works directly with individuals to achieve housing stability by using best practices in housing-based case management. GRACE operates Rapid Rehousing and Permanent Supportive Housing programs to provide permanent solutions to homelessness.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide comprehensive in-home case management services including goal setting, progress monitoring, advocacy, referrals and linking to available community resources, budgeting, and employment/income services.
- Administer evidence-based tools for assessment and triage and make appropriate case management decisions based on the results.
- Use motivational interviewing, progressive engagement, and other best practices to help participants identify and follow through with appropriate next steps.
- Work directly with landlords to coordinate housing placement, identify housing opportunities for program participants, and actively resolve problems related to tenancy.
- Actively search for and locate referred individuals in shelters, on the streets, or in the woods.
- Attend and participate in weekly Case Conferencing Meetings and accept referrals into the program.
- Generate and complete reports for local, state, and federal funders.
- Use HMIS to maintain files on each participant, including plans to maintain and improve self-sufficiency. Document progress and assistance provided to achieve goals. Provide routine documentation of coordination and follow-up, and collect financial information.
- Maintain consistent and respectful service delivery.
- Record accurate information in HMIS as required.
- Communicate with other staff via Slack and case notes in HMIS.
- Knowledge of, and willingness to receive ongoing training in motivational interviewing, progressive engagement, trauma-informed care, and other best practices.
- Knowledge of affordable housing and social service resources in Alachua and surrounding counties.
- Experience with crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and conflict de-escalation, or begin training within 30 days of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree with two years of experience in homeless services, or five years of relevant program experience.
- Working knowledge of the Housing First philosophy, and ability to articulate associated programs and best practices to staff, volunteers, and Board Members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must provide own transportation.
Applicants must be able to pass a Level 2 Background Screening.
Light physical demands (lots of listening, some talking, and more listening. Working on the computer and phone. Driving to appointments and events. Lifting light equipment/materials, and occasionally working long days, nights, or weekends).
Culture and Benefits
GRACE is an exciting, fast-paced organization filled with some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. All of our programs - day services, permanent housing, emergency shelter, volunteers, and more - are organized around three core values: Safety, Impact, and Respect. We’re on a mission to end homelessness, and we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to improve what we do. GRACE offers opportunities to make your work schedule fit your life.
Salary & Benefits
$18/hour plus $4/hour hazard pay until March 2022.
Director of Housing Services
Full Time, Overtime Eligible
Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance
Instructions for applying
Qualified and interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Jennifer Moises, Director of Housing Services at [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled.