The Street Outreach Specialist is responsible for delivering compassionate effective housing-focused street outreach services for persons experiencing homelessness. The Street Outreach Specialist works within the community to identify and engage individuals, link them with resources and assist them in securing permanent housing as quickly as possible. The goal is to create the greatest possible impact on ending homelessness for the unsheltered in our community and outside of the GRACE campus.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide outreach and engagement services to people experiencing homelessness.
- Provide a safe, dignified, and respectful environment for all people served.
- Practice diversion away from homeless services as appropriate and as a first step.
- Assess client's immediate housing needs (VI-SPDAT, TAY-VI-SPDAT or F-VI-SPDAT).
- Link clients with crisis housing (emergency shelter) as appropriate.
- Link clients with appropriate resource referrals (e.g mental health, employment, etc.) and assist client in engaging services utilizing "warm hand-offs" when appropriate.
- Understand all processes and procedures of the Continuum of Care, including Street Outreach Protocols and Procedures, coordinated entry, homeless prevention, prioritization, chronic homelessness, Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV), Project Based Vouchers (PBV), domestic violence, veteran services, youth services, etc.
- When appropriate, complete in-depth assessment (SPDAT or F-SPDAT) to help determine housing and rental assistance interventions.
- Collaborate with clients to develop individualized housing and budget plans.
- Complete client related data tracking information, including case notes and complete HNIS entries. Maintain a 95% Data Quality standard on all HMIS entries.
- Assist the Street Outreach Program Manager to ensure compliance with relevant grants and maintain relevant community partnerships.
- Ensure the confidentiality of staff and all persons served.
- At least two years of experience in case management, social work and/or other social service experience. Lived experience can replace professional experience.
- Familiarity with local human service providers and other community resources and agencies.
- Effective communication skills, including both verbal and non-verbal, as well as active listening.
- Ability to engage and build trust and rapport with difficult to serve and/or resistant populations.
- Ability to work with diverse communities with non-judgmental approaches.
- Highly motivated self-starter and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects/tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to work independently and/or as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving and conflict de-escalation/resolution skills.
- Understand the relationship between income and housing to build a realistic housing plan.
- Computer skills and experience, with proficiency in online data management systems (HMIS).
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to persons: with disabilities or who are disadvantaged, with substance abuse disorders or mental illness, who are survivors of domestic violence.
- Previous experience working with the homeless population is preferred.
Light physical demands (lots of listening, some talking, and more listening. Working on the computer and phone. Driving to appointments and events. Lifting light equipment/materials, and occasionally working long days, nights, or weekends).
Culture and Benefits
GRACE is an exciting, fast-paced organization filled with some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. All of our programs - day services, permanent housing, emergency shelter, volunteers, and more - are organized around three core values: Safety, Impact, and Respect. We’re on a mission to end homelessness, and we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to improve what we do. GRACE offers opportunities to make your work schedule fit your life.
Salary & Benefits
$20/hour plus $4/hour hazard pay until March 2022
Street Outreach Program Manager
Full Time, Overtime Eligible
Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance
Instructions for applying
Qualified and interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Mark Watson, Operations Manager at [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled.