The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for welcoming and facilitating volunteers, and providing a meaningful and engaged experience while representing GRACE as an organization. The Volunteer Coordinator will help to maximize capacity for community engagement by allowing the organization to engage with a greater number of individuals in a strategic way that contributes to both labor and social capital for the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitating individual and group volunteer shifts
- Training new volunteers
- Coordinating with the Advancement team for communications pertaining to the intersection of fundraising and community engagement
- Coordinating with the Assistant Director of Community Engagement on planning and scheduling volunteer shifts and group volunteer days
- Occasionally providing tours and GRACE 101 sessions
- Communicating with the Operations team about the intersection of volunteer work as well as when volunteers will be on site as needed
- Attending volunteer fairs
- Staying abreast of GRACE Development goals and programs in order to communicate effectively with volunteers and establish them as members of Team GRACE
- High school diploma or equivalent, or relevant professional experience
- Professional and respectful disposition when communicating with all staff, donors, volunteers, guests, and people who interact with GRACE
- Basic computer and phone skills and ability to use email, Slack, volunteer management software, and teleconference platforms (an email address will be provided)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate with staff
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain efficient and organized
- Flexible scheduling allowing for availability that varies based on the days and times that volunteers are usually available
- Ability to effectively implement and communicate GRACE values, mission, and impact
- Ability to establish rapport with groups, organizations, and individuals including GRACE Guest volunteers
Light physical demands (lots of listening, some talking, and more listening. Working on the computer and phone. Driving to appointments and events. Lifting light equipment/materials, and occasionally working long days, nights, or weekends).
Culture and Benefits
GRACE is an exciting, fast-paced organization filled with some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. All of our programs - day services, permanent housing, emergency shelter, volunteers, and more - are organized around three core values: Safety, Impact, and Respect. We’re on a mission to end homelessness, and we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to improve what we do. GRACE offers opportunities to make your work schedule fit your life.
Salary & Benefits
$15/hour plus $4/hour hazard pay until March 2022
Assistant Director of Community Engagement
Part Time, 28-32 hours per week
Eligible for health, dental, and life insurance
Instructions for applying
Qualified and interested applicants should email their resume to Abigail Perret-Gentil, Assistant Director of Community Engagement at [email protected]. A cover letter is not required, but is recommended. This position will remain open until filled.