Safety, Impact, and Respect
GRACE Marketplace is a the only low barrier, one-stop homeless shelter in North Central Florida Each member of our team is dedicated to one mission - ending homelessness. Our core values of safety, impact, and respect drive our approach to serve our guests each day.
GRACE is an equal opportunity employer, and provides health and dental insurance, generous PTO, and the best team you could ever hope to work with!
If you're ready to end homelessness in Alachua County - we invite you to join our team today!
Assistant Director of Advancement
|Salary Range:||$45,000 - $50,000 (plus $4/hr COVID Hazard Pay until March 2022)|
|Reports to:||Director of Advancement|
|Reporting to this position:||Interns & Volunteers|
|Status:||Full Time, Exempt|
|Benefits:||Eligible for Health, Dental, and Life Insurance|
The Assistant Director of Advancement works in collaboration with the Director of Advancement. The responsibilities of the Assistant Director of Advancement include coordinating events, initiatives, and communications. This position plays a key role in the day to day operation of GRACE’s resource development initiatives.
- Execute plans and directives for GRACE signature fundraising event, Farm to Table Gathering to End Homelessness in collaboration with the Director of Advancement
- Provide support to donor-created crowdfunding and peer-to-peer campaigns by designing graphics and assets to assist with their personal fundraising goals, including but not limited to the Amazing Give, Cafe 131 Club
- Coordinate, prepare, and manage agency communications including social media, email campaigns, press releases, and website updates
- Assist with planning and execution of direct mail campaigns in collaboration with the Director of Advancement
- Two to five years of experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably at a nonprofit organization.
- Enthusiastic, excited, and capable of managing small teams to meet goals. Great with attention to detail, follow-through, and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks.
- Motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive and creative disposition to generate new ideas and strategies that help build a dynamic and compelling fundraising and community engagement program.
- Superior organizational and communication skills (written & oral)
- Ability to interact with all persons in a professional manner encompassing behavior, dress, language, and attitude.
- Ability to work evenings, occasional weekends, and some holidays.
- Proficient in Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), Canva, Constant Contact, etc.
Light physical demands (lots of listening, some talking, and more listening. Working on the computer and phone. Driving to appointments and events. Lifting light equipment/materials, and occasionally working long days, nights, or weekends).
Culture and Benefits
GRACE is an exciting, fast-paced organization filled with some of the best people you could ever hope to meet. All of our programs - day services, permanent housing, emergency shelter, volunteers, and more - are organized around three core values: Safety, Impact, and Respect. We’re on a mission to end homelessness, and we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to improve what we do. GRACE offers opportunities to make your work schedule fit your life.
Instructions for applying
Qualified and interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to John Thomas, Director of Advancement at [email protected]. This position will close on Friday, July 9, 2021. Anticipated start date is Monday, August 2, 2021.